Thursday, April 07, 2005

incredible

You folks might like to know that I have renounced by [sic] ordination vows, and formed the Llynhydd Grove of the Druid Order of the Yew. You might want to take my forced letter of ‘recantation’ off your website.

OakWyse
(Bill Melnyk)


(From Titusonenine)

You may remember the whole fiasco when it happened a few months ago. You may remember also that "OakWyse" had repented. I guess he is now repenting of his repentence. Read about the history of this mess here, at Christianity Today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Incredible indeed. This whole story just gets wackier and wackier. I agree with one of the posters on T1:9, though, that after sitting in hours and hours of worship services done by priests who somehow pretend they believe all this Christian stuff but really don't, it's refreshing to see someone actually abandon the communion openly. I think Bp. Smith would do well to look at Melnyk to see what abandonment of communion REALLY looks like.

Anonymous said...

Whatever theological disagreement one may have with +Smith, it is hardly fair to equate him with someone who has openly and unequivocally rejected the faith. I am by no means the president of the +Smith fanclub, but I see no reason to question his legitimacy as a Christian or as a bishop of the Church.