I've been tagged. What is a meme, the old people ask? Behold!
1. How many bibles are in your home?
2. What rooms are they in?
3. What translations do you have?
4. Do you have a preference?
5. Nominate an interesting verse
1. I count seven in my part of the house. (That doesn't include electronic versions. I think I have every version in an electronic format.)
2. All in my bedroom.
3. Two are RSV, three are NRSV, one is the Latin Vulgate, and one the Greek New Testament. I would like to get an Authorized Version (KJV) and a (New) Jerusalem Bible.
4. RSV. Although I had been enjoying working through the Vulgate, until I didn't feel I had the time.
5. I like John 19.30 in the Vulgate: Cum ergo accepisset Iesus acetum, dixit: Consummatum est. Et inclinato capite tradidit spiritum. I like it because of the rendering of "It is finished" as "Consummatum est." That'll preach.
Is there any point in tagging Canon Harmon? Does he stoop to this level? Worth a try. I'm rather curious.
What about Father Peregrinator?
Or Father Lee?
J-Tron will play. Right, JT?
Garland will play too. Maybe. He's very ascetic now.