Sunday, July 02, 2006

a musical meme

As I've said before, I love memes (pl?).  I've been tagged by the Ranter.  I'll tag others later.

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre,
whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must
be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your
blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 6 other people to see what
they're listening to.

1.  Guitar Town (Steve Earle)
2.  The Introit and Kyrie from Faure's Requiem (the Faure / Durufle Requiems disc)  [hmmm... can't find a link...]
3.  Love is Love (Will Odlham and Tortoise... on the album "The Brave and the Bold")
4.  Vincent O'Brien (M. Ward from the album "The Transfiguration of Vincent")
5.  The 2nd Movement from Schubert's String Quintet in C... the opening bit can break your heart.
6.  Natural One (Folk Implosion) (Remember this one?  It was a radio hit some years ago.)
7.  Family Tradition (Hank Williams, Jr.) (What can I say?  I live in Texas now.)

4 comments:

Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

Father, now that you are living in Texas (the DFW Metroplex, right?), do please join us for worship at St. Vincent's Cathedral in Bedford (pro-cathedral of the diocese of Fort Worth). We're three blocks south of Airport Freeway (Hwy 183) on Forest Ridge. Masses on Sunday are at 9AM and 11:15AM. I hope to see you there! Ask for folks to introduce you to Randall.

gwb said...

Tex,

Thanks for the invitation. I would love to come by St. Vincent's at some point. It will probably not be on a Sunday though, as I've got Sunday duties here at St. Matthias'. I'll look forward to meeting you some time soon! WB+

Fr Andrew Petiprin said...

When it comes to the Williams family, talent seems to skip a generation. Stick to Hank I and Hank III.

MM said...

Baby, we will NEVER get enough of Guitar Town, huh? ... your musical taste astounds me all the time.