Thursday, February 10, 2005

ordination



I am always wary of enthusiasm and receptionism. I never want to say that the process of sanctification, or of one's reception of any grace, has much to do with one's experience of it, or with our feelings one way or the other.

That being said, my ordination to the diaconate on Saturday felt wonderful. I felt as though the Holy Ghost did come, that I received a new gift and a new grace. I felt very close to our Lord in his self-gift. It was a great gift to distribute our Lord's body and blood for the first time as a deacon.

I spent much of my time in the days leading up to the ordination praying the rosary. Whenever I was walking around or had a spare moment, I would say the rosary and ask our Lady to intercede for me. I would like to say that our Lady did intercede for me. Period. And I believe that she did. But I think its important to add that I felt that she interceded for me, laying aside concerns of a slouch in the direction of enthusiasm or methodism or something.

Thank you all for your prayers.

No comments: