Wednesday, February 08, 2006

i am but a vessel through which god drones on indefinitely

. . . .

I cannot be faulted for the self-love you hear in my voice. That self-love is God's alone, for He taketh great pleasure in an audience, and in the airing of His thoughts before it. My seeming indifference to your flagging interest is, in truth, my Father's. For my Father rarely considers His listeners. And the tired rhetorical devices I use and tame shaggy-dog stories I tell are my Lord's, as well.

It is He who has chosen me to spin His pointless yarns. It is He who said, "Michael, read at length from the Holy Bible's more prosaic stretches, and follow it with a lecture that shall continue until you are tired and then begin again, one that you shall deliver in a voice with no tonal modulation." And I have answered his call. Verily, I am doing the Lord's droning.

. . . .

Read the whole thing here, at the Onion, via Canon Harmon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this someone who has escaped from a mental assylum??

gwb said...

It is a joke. The Onion is a joke newspaper.

Anonymous said...

Oh.

Anonymous said...

Are the nominations for PB closed? Because some might think we have a contender here...

Anonymous said...

Joseph, that's the best idea I've heard in a while! He'd be perfect in so many ways!