Tuesday, January 10, 2006

objectively speaking: best movies of 2005

J-Tron inspired me. These are roughly in order, beginning with the best.

Grizzly Man

Capote

Syriana

Munich

The Woodsman

Walk the Line

Constant Gardner

Millions

Broken Flowers

The Squid and the Whale

Batman Begins

Layer Cake

Chronicles of Narnia


Movies that I have not yet seen, but which are probably pretty good too: Downfall, Good Night and Good Luck, A History of Violence, Paradise Now, Brokeback Mountain, The Best of Youth, Darwin's Nightmare, The New World, Cache.

Good movies I saw that don't quite make the list (in no particular order): Cinderella Man, Jarhead, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, March of the Penguins, Pride and Prejudice, Serenity.

Movies that I saw, which were awful: 40 Year Old Virgin, Wedding Crashers.

PS: Happy William Laud day. In High School we were told that he was a monster. Now I know the truth. Blessed William Laud, pray for us.

No comments: